TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions apply to all applicants to Atlanticx: Composition Course Latin America.
Atlanticx reserves the right to make minor amendments to these terms and conditions without prior notice.
Produced and supported by Music of the Americas (NY), Fundación Williams (Argentina) Ensemble 2e2m (France) and Festival Nueva Ópera (Buenos Aires) Atlanticx: Composition Course Latin America is selecting a group of early career composers and advanced students to be a part of our online platform (for classes and mentoring with 2e2m musicians) and to travel to New York (for an intensive period dedicated to their work as well as to interdisciplinary creation).
Further support for Atlanticx’s Composition Course Latin America is provided by the City University of New York (Hunter College).
- Provide instances of professional training for young Latin American composers and reconfiguring their global map of possibilities with a program designed around: (1) international co-creation (2) interdisciplinary work (3) especially-developed advanced seminars.
- Cultivate the creation of work from an interdisciplinary, co-creative perspective that challenges established paradigms.
- Encourage composers in theoretical and critical reflection on contemporary aesthetic problems, with an approach towards and beyond music, and its relationship with the production of the artistic work.
- Research and practice on new creative dynamics between composers, performers and artists from other disciplines, remotely and in person, favoring an effective creative ecosystem that takes advantage of all the technical possibilities available.
- Expand the professional opportunities of Latin-american composers in the global scene of new music, contemporary music theater and post-lyrical opera.
- There are full and partial scholarships opportunities for tuition. Students can be eligible to receive full (100%) or half of the cost (50%).
- Students of Argentinean nationality (or residents) can also apply for Fundación Williams Prize, which grants access to 100% financing for tuition but also includes full payments for mobility (including air-travel if necessary), shared accommodation (7 days/6 nights) and per-diem during the Winter School in New York.
- The number of scholarships and prizes assigned will depend on the total of financial-aid applications and the number of student-residents accepted into the program.
- Accommodation, per-diem and mobility (air-travel) are not included, unless you obtain the Fundación Williams Prize.